Monday, August 19, 2013

How the tables turn Alice!

Years ago, we would spend every November in the mountains of Vermont hunting for unique pieces to fill our 150 year old farm house.    I found this little table at a flea market right outside of Okemo Mountain.  It was used in our guest room for years.  We since sold the house and my daughter took possession of the little table, until she no longer wanted it.  I took it back and decided to update it.  The table began to take on its own character as I began to paint.  I became possessed by the turning legs...and decided to have fun!  Let us call this table Alice in Wonderland!

the top is painted in Annie Sloan Palama

The trim is in Annie Sloan Old Violet


The bottom Shelf is painted in Annie Sloan Scandinavia Pink,
 and Old white, spindles in Arles and Duck egg

Second shelf in in Duck Egg with spindles in Old Violet,
 Palamo and Barcelona Orange
This will be apart of my collection at the Chester Arts and Crafts Fair - September 7 and 8th...



No comments:

Post a Comment