Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Empty Nesters Master Bedroom Set Makeover

Original Look
I have lovely couple that I am working with by the name of Judy and Walter.  They have been married for a zillion years....They live in a lovely home, where they raised their children... The piece that is photographed to the left is just one piece of their bedroom set.  Judy said the project started because they hated the pulls!  So that is where I come in.

We decided on Annie Sloan's Graphite with a special formula (empire silk, olive and graphite)  for a wash.  I am then applying clear and dark wax.  The  pulls were a bit odd in size 2.25 to center, but I did find two that would fit from Handleset.


I first took off all of the doors and removed the drawer.



I did sand it a bit as it was finished in a high gloss, So I wanted to make sure that the paint adhered to the wood.  This is the first of two coats of Annie Sloan Graphite .
Taking the doors off made it easier to paint.

I rubbed off just a little around the doors and drawer.  New Pulls are on order...

I couldn't wait to show you the difference...I know it's a bit premature but the look is so different!! I will keep you posted when the pulls arrive....until then happy painting.....











No comments:

Post a Comment