Thursday, August 2, 2012

Le Petite Charlotte Table

I saw this table at a local Estate Sale its a Mahogany Turned Spindle Parlor Table......I couldn't pass it up, it was just too cute...I decided to paint it a french linen.  I then transported it to my studio where I inadvertently started to paint it a Paris Grey.
 I so need to get some better light in there or start reading the can's...What is amazing about Annie Sloan's paint is that no matter what you do,it comes out great...Yes it was a mistake, but I went with it....I then decided to use a dark wax, removing most of it....I sanded the top to reveal some of the French Linen.  I sanded some parts to show a tiny bit of the Mahogany....
I hand polished the top and legs with the clear wax...the results were stunning....the top feels like silk...

The important thing to remember when working with Annie Sloan Paints is to have fun, relax and just go with the results....Its a one of a kind piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment