Friday, August 24, 2012

la petite desk


As promised I have finished the little desk we will call Claudette.....She is pretty in pink....Actually it is a dressing table.  She will not make it to market as my grand daughter Mia has claimed her as her new desk.  I tried some new techniques with Annie Sloan's Chalk paint and really did like the results....Annie's paints are so forgiving...you really can do no wrong....First I used....1 part Scandinavian Pink and 2 parts Old White 

Old Whit
Scandinavia Pink

Which created this color which is a nice soft pink...  I then rubbed on some old white with a rag along with some french linen
French Linen
The results were amazing... I finished it off with an additional coat of clear wax....hand rubbed until it was smooth as silk... I had so much fun completing this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment