Monday, August 20, 2012

Chalk Paint Crackle Project

My works shop has become a haven for mosquito's...  I had to relocate to my back yard in order to work on the pieces that I will be needing for my first show on September 8th......so I am using a spare bedroom for storage....

Having so much fun working with Annie Sloan's paint .....Most of the frame's will become chalk boards....which can be used in the kitchen, offices and bedrooms....One of my favorite effect was creating crackle....this can simply be done by applying one coat and letting it dry....then applying a second heavy coat making sure that you apply in one direction and assuring that you do not go over those stokes but once..the molecules in the paint are not to be disturbed.....immediately afterwards hitting it up with a hair dryer.  The crackle comes out beautiful after applying the dark wax... This paint is all about having fun !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment