Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wooden Tables take a new look with a bit of glam

A found these two 1965 Thomasville tables at a local thrift shop.... they were in relatively good shape...So I thought I would try to update them a bit 

at thrift shop before photo

painted with Annie Sloan Graphite 
I decided to use a silver gilding wax for a updated metal look


I added a bit of the Silver Gilding wax to the pedestal

The silver gilding wax has a beautiful shine


side details





As I was getting reading to write this blog this morning I received my regular update from HGTVIt was interesting to see what they are doing in with mixing metallic..

\


Spruce Up Small Spaces

For Kirsten Grove of design blog Simply Grove, metallics should be incorporated into the home in unexpected ways. "Add a bright gold picture frame in with a cluster of traditional black or white or mix a silver pillow in with a bunch of colored fabrics," suggests Grove. For her living room, she spiced 
Notice the silver painted table

shore chicy designs
917-699-1262

No comments:

Post a Comment