Thursday, September 27, 2012

Research on Trends in NYC....yes there is chalk paint

Any time you set foot in NYC it wreaks energy and creativity...Shore Chicy Designs hits the streets walking through Bryant Park
It was early in the work day for many...and I was fortunate to be able to take on the beauty. I then head to Union Square on my way to ABC Home furnishing at 888 Broadway..http://www.abchome.com/ If you have never visited this store it is a destination site for sure....Union square was supporting their green market on Wednesday...which is also worth the trip
The market is filled with fresh vegetables, plants and baked goods...it is fun to see local chefs running around finding the freshest ingredients..
can you believe the size of these radishes??? Okay, off to ABC...up to the 5th floor...the building and architecture is worth the trip...So this is what is hot...
I thought this was a great idea of inserting the wire mesh...the colors that I saw were very similar to Annie Sloan's Chalk - the combo Paris Grey and Old White Paint.
This Red and Green chippy look..can be easily achieve by Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint
This vendor had many lovely items with matching price tags... I even like this company's name tags located on the back of each piece...The company name is Eloquence...
They are a California Based company. You can get some great ideas...from this site... Even Ralph Lauren has a section of painted furniture...he uses the chippy look also
All of his pieces seemed to be rehabbed....but again the price tag is nothing that I could ever afford..After a few hours of wondering around ABC and Union square, I headed to SoHo...for some lunch...found this great restaurant outside dining available ..The name is Isola located on 9 Crosby Street (The Mondrian Soho Hotel)....A must visit...check out the glass shelves above the dinning area..
What an amazing idea!!! And the Chandlers that lined the bar were also amazing..
I have to apologize for the quality of pictures...I only had my I-phone with me....Take the trip and see what others are doing... If you want more details on my journey..in box me (Shore Chicy Designs) and I can provide you with more information....I hope you enjoyed my research...on what is hot in painted furniture...

No comments:

Post a Comment