Wednesday, October 9, 2013

How To Shabby Up ?

I have a client that is moving into a new home at the end of October.  She has a five (5) year old daughter that was currently using a "progressive" furniture set.  The set is very sturdy, however it is not made from natural wood.    My project was to shabby the piece up....hmmmmm

It is hard to tell for the shots, but the dresser is a cotton candy pink


This is the second piece that I am experimenting with CeCe Caldwell Paint(s) ~  I used a vintage white on this piece.  I exposed some of the inter layering as much as possible since it is a composite wood, I didn't want to reveal too much.


I used Annie Sloan Clear & Dark Wax as the finish


I still have to do the drawers and buy the knobs.. but I am hoping they will be thrilled with the new "old" look ...
As I have mentioned I am still experimenting with CeCe Caldwell paints - I choose to use CeCe's paints for this project as it is a GREEN Paint, and this bedroom set is for a Five (5) year old....so its a no brainer for me.
Corinne~Shore Chicy Designs~by Harmonizing Homes
917.699.1262

Website Design by/Simple Business Solutions 
CeCe Caldwell Paints/ CeCe Caldwell
Blog by Shore Chicy Designs/Shore Chicy Designs

I included a fun video on how to distress furniture using CeCe Caldwell Paints - click on link below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment