Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mixing Up Annie Sloan Paints ready ,set, go, paint!

.
This blog is  a follow up on the progress of my customized blend of Annie Sloan Paints of February 4th.  The blend was  for a client wanting her cabinet painted so that it would match her antique piano...

After about 10 samples of  mixtures we hit it just right.



The piece has some nice details but it just didn't fit in her music room...It was purchased in JC Pennys years ago, and has a lot of family history traveling with them from house to house.... Now the piece is located in a large open living area...in full view from the living room, dinning room and kitchen...not to mention the loft above.

First coat
two coats and some waxing



I still have some tweaking to do but I was very happy with the coloring....I will add a bit of gilding wax to the shells on the ...and need to work on the waxing a bit more. I will be completing the project next week when I return...  I will keep you posted..

Thanks again to Walker Trading Company in Long Beach Island for the referral....

Follow us on FaceBook or on our web site Shore Chicy Designs....
or call us 917-699-1262


No comments:

Post a Comment