Friday, February 8, 2013

Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint on Walls


2nd grade reading material a must for the summer
We are in the process of rehabbing a sixty year old home on the coast of New Jersey.  The upstairs is what you may refer to as the flop floor or dorm area, the kids rooms....there are four single beds in a space without doors and a queen bed in a secured room .....  We finally got around to putting some fresh paint on the walls....As you can see there are some corky angles to deal with.





Meet Mia the inspiring artist prior to painting.
As my husband was painting ( I'm only allowed to paint furniture)  I came up with putting a accent color on some of the angled walls - I decided to use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Versailles which is a beautiful shade of green with a tint of grey. The following pictures are of my grand daughters side..


A comfy spot to just relax

Nestled Down filled pillows

A retired sail boat flag that was given to my grand daughter because she like it and it was PINK



A left over summer braided bracelet which was the summer of 2012's  project
A great little place for Mia to keep her momentous


Its fun to experiment with different mediums...Annie's paint is not only for furniture...it can be used on all sorts of material, wood, metal, concrete, glass, plastic...I just love using her paints....they are well worth the investment.

Visit my website Harmonize Homes which is Shore Chicy's Sister Company or visit us on Face Book...we would love to hear from you!  917-699-1262

No comments:

Post a Comment