Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rehabbing a mid century water falls server



There are so many of us that have pieces that were handed down to us in our basement....and are not being used...because they are chipped, the veneer is lifting...or it just doesn't go with your new decor.

I have an amazing client that has an eye for what it can become with a little help from your's truly!  So here is the piece.
As you can see at the bottom and the door there is chipping



These two pictures are our kick off inspiration pieces

I always start out with a drawing so I have an idea where I am going ...
Here you can see the top of the piece with just one layer of paint ..if you look carefully 
the veneer is splitting....I couldn't leave it this way...



I added this product that I purchased at Magnolia Lane Designs in Point Pleasnat NJ called Wood Icing....which can also be used for decorative purposes... but for this it solved the problem...



These are the hardware that we choose to complete the piece from Pottery Barn


I removed some of the paint along the doors and drawers


The holes on the doors were filled in to create a new more modern look with the new handles.


I hope you enjoyed this transformation of a piece that was tucked away to now sits proudly and used...  Give me a call if you are interested in transforming one of your pieces...917-699-1262



#chalkPaint #shorechicydesigns














No comments:

Post a Comment